The application to introduce moths for biological control of horehound is now open for public submissions.
To make an effective submission make sure you
- State clearly whether your submission is in support of the application
- Include your contact details
- Include quantifiable information about the impact of horehound on your farming operation (how much money and time do you spend on it)
- Explain how biocontrol will benefit your farming operation (costs plus wool impacts)
- Include your personal/community angle/story – if you wish
- Write in clear and simple language
- You can either use the formal submission form or any letterhead/blank paper.Find more advice from the EPA on how to write an effective submission here.
|Dr Ronny Groenteman
Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research
Phone: +64 3 321 9904
|Gavin (Snow) Loxton
PO Box 9
Lake Tekapo 7945
All blog posts and reports associated with this programme are now listed on the Horehound BioControl page.