The application to introduce moths for biological control of horehound is now open for public submissions.
To make an effective submission make sure you
- State clearly whether your submission is in support of the application
- Include your contact details
- Include quantifiable information about the impact of horehound on your farming operation (how much money and time do you spend on it)
- Explain how biocontrol will benefit your farming operation (costs plus wool impacts)
- Include your personal/community angle/story – if you wish
- Write in clear and simple language
- You can either use the formal submission form or any letterhead/blank paper.Find more advice from the EPA on how to write an effective submission here.
Find here the application document and supporting information.
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 11th July 2018. That’s exactly 4 weeks away!
|Dr Ronny Groenteman
Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research
Phone: +64 3 321 9904
|Gavin (Snow) Loxton
PO Box 9
Lake Tekapo 7945
All blog posts and reports associated with this programme are now listed on the Horehound BioControl page.